In a book I recently read called ( The Political Campaigning Handbook by Lionel Zetter), I opened the first few pages and firstly remember that this is about how to win elections in a western country, I was surprised to read that the author was basing his ideas on how to win any election based on military campaigns.
He even used words like the war room, war chest, mud, guts and blood. Shocking I thought, its not even a horror story.
In his introduction he amazingly begins a whole page describing the strategies of the two Iraq wars, and the engagements and the invasions. he goes onto describing military intelligence, high flying reconnaissance aircraft, satellites etc.
Later on, the same page he writes about different planes used in attacks.
Towards the bottom of the page he deals with what he says is the third and final and most important aspect of the air war, gaining air superiority, to deprive the enemy of the ability to deploy their own air force.
He then ends by writing about foot soldiers.
Don't you think this is just amazing? the book is supposed to be about how to win elections but from the first page its about battle stations.
I will never look at a western political election again in the same way.
No comments:
Post a Comment