Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Consuming Passions

No, nothing to do with sensual love of that kind, but more to do with love of another kind, which has transformed our lives.
Without doubt as I mentioned in a previous blog the new world order led by the multi national/ international corporations control the governments and the economies of the world.
We might have the Presidents, the Prime Ministers but they are just the front men ,the glove puppets. Power corrupts, but also controls and if we have not understood that yet, then I don't know what has happened?
To me the word consumerism is one of the most evil of words you  could imagine.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have studied humans for many years and I'm pretty sure people were  not born to shop were they? I cannot find any evidence to relate to the fact that consumerism is part of human nature.
History shows this too and if we look before the 20th century there was no real genuine tradition for this.
The worlds religions would also agree that consumerism goes against the human grain .
However today as we see traditional religions loosing their numbers, apart from Islam where we are seeing unbelievable surges globally of people accepting the religion or moving from another to Islam, but apart from this faith generally in modern society religion is no longer the key focus of society. Why? well that's another story which I will address at some later stage when I begin my film documentaries.
The new religion is consumerism  in today's times and it has become the main reason for living. This is scary, sad and very concerning.
I cannot see things changing, infact I believe it will get worse. Just take a look at a country in the third world like say Kenya, or even lets look at a traditional tribe of Kenya like the Masai. even these tribal people generally although living in the African bush are wearing baseball caps, or trainers with the modern up to date logo. So there is no escaping it, its global.

it looks like consumerism has and is controlling our lives. Spending has become a national duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment